cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picture pixelation

JamesB163
Joining in

Is anyone having issues with some channels breaking up?  E4 and BBC 1 and also sometimes TNT sports.

Ive double triple quadruple checked all wires etc.

i have a new router and it started then.

a new 4k tv and new hdmi cables

anyone have any guidance?

also virgin tech has been out. Seem to work for a day and still problems ( the tech said all cables ok)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The chatter & natter section you'd posted in, isn't generally monitored so I've moved your post to one of the TV boards instead. Confirmation of which TV box you have, would be useful - https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-fault/which-tv-box 

In the meantime, the standard advice for pixellation queries applies.

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. The tech may have said that "all cables are OK", but if you continue to have symptoms, then there's clearly a fault somewhere - so keep reporting it, and keep having tech visits until they nail the source of the issue. Some SNR type faults can be tricky to track down, especially if they're not present at time of visit, but you're paying for a fault-free service - so keep reporting it.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The chatter & natter section you'd posted in, isn't generally monitored so I've moved your post to one of the TV boards instead. Confirmation of which TV box you have, would be useful - https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-fault/which-tv-box 

In the meantime, the standard advice for pixellation queries applies.

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. The tech may have said that "all cables are OK", but if you continue to have symptoms, then there's clearly a fault somewhere - so keep reporting it, and keep having tech visits until they nail the source of the issue. Some SNR type faults can be tricky to track down, especially if they're not present at time of visit, but you're paying for a fault-free service - so keep reporting it.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi JamesB163 👋

Thanks for posting, and a warm welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with some channels showing pixelation when watching. I've taken a look on our side and cannot identify any issues within the area, and can see that the TV has been rebooted since posting.

Can you please confirm whether you're still experiencing the issues with the pixelation? If you are, we'll do our best to assist further.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Yes I’m still experiencing pixilation. Seems to be same channels ( not all), e4 , bbc, sky sports.

rebooted a few times router and tv box

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Which BBC channel(s) are affected? And the same question for Sky Sports - there's 10 channels in that collection. There may be a pattern to this, that you're not aware of - if you can be specific on individual channels, including SD/HD.

Live TV doesn't use the internet, so rebooting your router is futile for this.