Menu
bonesey2000
Settling in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Empty promises again....

I registered my interest in this new service a while back... sadly I was never contacted about it.

So, I thought I would contact Virgin myself, I did so online as I was at work and this was the most convenient method.

I was offered the upgrade for £5 per month, plus a one off fee of £64.99.

I was ready to accept when I lost my connection. I got in touch again, but this time I was told it would be £11.25 extra per month rather than £5 I was originally quoted.

Obviously I was extremely disappointed with this, when I asked why I was told that she was unable to add it on at that price to my current service as my VHD box is discounted.

I believe I am now being punished for having a discount on my account, surely if a discount is added to the VHD box it can be transferred to the V6 box and I can get my loyalty discount still???

After renewing with Virgin in December, which I was not going to do, after all the trouble I had when I originally signed up whereby i Was told I would get 2 Tivo boxes rather than what I actually got which was a Tivo and VHD I feel I may have made a mistake.

I am forever being promised things which cannot be delivered by greedy sales people it seems.

Very disappointed and need to consider my options, poor show again virgin.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Empty promises again....

I would be inclined to give Retentions a ring and discuss, given you're getting an inconsistent answer.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Empty promises again....

Hi bonesey2000, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that by upgrading you would lose your loyalty discounts. 

When discounts are applied to services that you'd no longer have then I'm afraid it does mean you'd lose the  discount. It's not as simple as switching them over as the codes won't be accepted and the order won't go through. 

It's by no means a way of punishment. 

Even though we can't add the existing discount, there may be a different way about it. 

Speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 for them to double check things for you. 

Come back and let me know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos