Menu
Fraz27
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Disappointing Start

I got my fibre and tv installed yesterday , initially seemed to go well however took a replacement hub before we got going great...
Guys said what do you want done with sky cables and was told they would coil them up , later found them cut where they entered house. I put this down to miscommunication as there was two of them.
Tv worked great last night then today shut down itself and tried to reboot , nothing but a screen saying starting up....
Tried resetting , checked connections same called service and same again check connections reboot unit , informed that v6 box has some faults despite it being brand new that are getting worked on , we will send a code to your box call us in 3 hours if no change...
Called 3 hours later 30 mins on hold followed by we will just put you through to v6 dept , only to be cut off now closed.
First impressions are not good ive had 3 sky boxes previously and never an issue with the hardware.
I questioned the broadband speed as throughout the day ive been getting between 19 and 106 mbps ( different rooms ) and via wi fi.
Informed to expect half speed over wi fi as standard and to borrow a laptop with ethernet cable to connect to hub to get true reading...
Im sorry but your adverts and information do not show a wired connection getting full speed then see what you get via wifi
I dont usually have a rant like this but i was up and running for less than 24 hrs and i cant even plug my sky back in.
Aaarrrgghhhh
Regards

Fraz
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disappointing Start

Hello Fraz,

Thanks for taking the time to message us on the community and I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you've experienced.

I can see that a technician has been booked so please let us know how you get on or if you need any further help after the visit.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos