Menu
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 28 (1,515 Views)

Can't access recordings on linked V6s

Just had two V6 boxes installed on Thursday and most things are fine apart from accessing the recordings from each other.

Two things seem to be happening.

First problem is the V6 boxes keep losing connection to each other so you can't access the other boxes recordings. A reboot of one or both boxes fixes this but within 24 hours (not sure of the actual length of time) they lose connection again so you have to keep rebooting them. The error when they aren't connected is c423.

This leads to the second problem of when the boxes can see each other I can't get anything to play. After a black screen the error V401 comes up.

Both boxes are connected wireless to the Hub 3 at the 2.4ghz range both with excellent signal listed in the options. Numerous reboots of both boxes and the hub 3 don't work.
0 Kudos
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 28 (1,496 Views)

Re: Can't access recordings on linked V6s

Excellent signals doesn't necessarily mean you have a good connection. You can have a strong signal, but if there is other interference you can still end up with a connection unable to support a streaming video.

Assuming you have a suitable smart phone, get hold of one of the many wifi diagnostic apps you can get, and see if your signal is clashing with any nearby signals in a similar location to the V6's and the Hub.
Also whilst near the hub, see what speed connection you phone manages to sync at assuming it tells you that, and maybe try watching a streaming iPlayer video via wifi on the phone and see how that goes.

good luck

Steve

Fibre optic
Message 3 of 28 (1,487 Views)

Streaming on phone is fine and I achieve speed test speeds of 150Mb+ (most times) on the phone. YouTube is fine on the TV, V6 and the phone as is iplayer all through WiFi. The speed the phone connects at differs. Sometimes it's below 100Mb other times its 400Mb. The V6 reports around 144Mb connection.
0 Kudos
Vbl
Joining in
Message 4 of 28 (1,472 Views)

[ Edited ]

Personally I sorted this out by buying a cheap power line connector and lanning the two boxes

Equipment: Super Hub 3, 2 x 1Tb V6
0 Kudos
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 28 (1,437 Views)

Just to add I can access my recordings through TV Anywhere on my phone absolutely fine. Not sure what is causing the other two issues.
0 Kudos
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 28 (1,416 Views)

Tried both boxes connected to ethernet, worked fine for connecting and streaming to each other. Unplugged ethernet from upstairs V6 and streamed recordings from downstairs V6 fine. Unplugged ethernet from downstairs so both on WiFi and after a little wobble, it then streamed from the upstairs box. Exiting the menu from my shows then lost connection to both boxes and now back to square one. Downstairs box is now connecting to the Hub 3 at 5ghz with 60% good connection with a connection speed of 600mb. Not sure why the upstairs box isn't connecting at 5ghz. Any ideas of to get the V6's to stay connected to each other and stream through WiFi?
0 Kudos
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 28 (1,411 Views)

5Ghz is degraded by walls and stuff a lot more then 2.4Ghz so maybe by the time it gets upstairs 2.4 is deemed better.

In a way it would be better to have one on 5 and one on 2.4 as all devices connected on a given frequency will be sharing its WiFi bandwidth, although for some reason in your case that doesn't seem to be the case.

I assume there is no way you can keep the downstairs box connected Via Ethernet or maybe invest in some powerline adaptors.

0 Kudos
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 28 (1,400 Views)

Well having rebooted the boxes and then the V6 having network problems so had to reconnect to WiFi both boxes can see each other for now and the streaming actually worked over WiFi only throwing up one error (V87) but worked nonetheless. Just have to wait and see if the boxes now stay connected and the streaming carries on working. Would prefer to use WiFi as ethernet are used for the PS4 and laptop. Don't want to buy powerline adapters when WiFi should work.

The V6 box downstairs that's connected at 5ghz is not near the hub 3. The hub 3 is in bedroom 1, the V6s are in bedroom 2 and the living room.
0 Kudos
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 28 (1,394 Views)

[ Edited ]
Just gone upstairs and now the upstairs V6 box isn't connecting to the downstairs box with error C423. Not sure what's wrong and why they won't stay connected. A speed test on my phone is showing around 150Mb so the speed is there and it doesn't seem the connection is dropping.

Reconnected to WiFi on the upstairs box through the network settings on the V6 and its now has connected to the V6 box downstairs. The first attempt at streaming through up the error V401 and the second, third and fourth attempt managed to stream. Very frustrating especially knowing I'll get in from work tomorrow and will probably go through the same thing.
0 Kudos
Knows their stuff
Message 10 of 28 (1,383 Views)

[ Edited ]

shawty1984 wrote:
Would prefer to use WiFi as ethernet are used for the PS4 and laptop. Don't want to buy powerline adapters when WiFi should work.

Why should using ethernet for PS4 and laptop stop you using it for the V6 as well. I use ethernet for my V6, a tivo, a samsung tv, 2 pc's, a printer, 2 NAS's, 3 cameras, a WiiU devkit, an XBox devkit and a few other things...the only thing I use wifi for a phones and tablets..
0 Kudos