Menu
hansi
Superfast
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Buffering

What's with all the buffering on the V6 Box? Just trying to delete a couple of recordings and the familiar circle appears. also happens when switching channels. Please don't say it's goin to start acting like a Tivo?

0 Kudos
cwmeldeg
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Buffering

Mine has started buffering also. Selecting recordings and deleting recordings really slow, spinning wheel. Did a reboot yesterday, still the same. I believe I'm on latest software.

0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I think it's probably connected to the C501 error that a few/many are getting that according to Virgin they know about and are trying to fix.

0 Kudos
shawty1984
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Corinneangela wrote:

I think it's probably connected to the C501 error that a few/many are getting that according to Virgin they know about and are trying to fix.

My guess is its the new RC4/RC6 software. I have no evidence other than I've heard a lot about it over the past few days and it's also started here and we are on the RC6 software.

If it is the software then I think VM need to get in some experts to look at their TiVo software and possibly rewrite it. Might sound a bit drastic but VM don't have the best record with software updates on their hardware. 

Could be wrong though obviously. 

cwmeldeg
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Perhaps someone from Virgin support coul give us a definitive ??

0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I haven't had the update though.

shawty1984 wrote:

Corinneangela wrote:

My guess is its the new RC4/RC6 software. I have no evidence other than I've heard a lot about it over the past few days and it's also started here and we are on the RC6 software.

If it is the software then I think VM need to get in some experts to look at their TiVo software and possibly rewrite it. Might sound a bit drastic but VM don't have the best record with software updates on their hardware. 

Could be wrong though obviously. 

0 Kudos