cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV 360 mutes and changes AV settings

The_Dom
Joining in

Software upgrade of Tivo box to TV 360  - Tivo connected to Sony AV -> Sony TV. Every 12 seconds audio connection is displayed on the screen, AV muted and audio then comes through TV, and AV settings changed.

AV set to HDMI control, which used to switch off all devices using Virgin remote and could control volume. If I disable AV HDMI control, connection no longer displayed on the screen, audio is not muted, but have to use 3 remotes to start the devices. 

Can one undo the upgrade so that we can get back to a usable system? Only change is the software downgrade to TV 360 - if the HDMI cable configuration has changed, then supply the appropriate cable

3 REPLIES 3

Tavis75
Super solver

Unfortunately, there is no way to revert back to the superior TiVo software on the V6, other than getting the entire box swapped, but unless you were massively miss-sold the 360 or swapped accidentally\against your will, then that is likely to prove almost impossible to get VM to agree to (I've only heard of one case of it actually happening). Eventually everyone will be moved to the 360, though still no idea of the official timescale.

The 360 remote can be set to control the volume and power on your TV, which should reduce the number of button clicks slightly and allow you to turn off the HDMI control, alternatively a decent universal remote might do the trick, but then you still need the 360 remote if you happen to want to use voice control.   

General response here is that you should have looked into the 360 before deciding to switch, but obviously VM don't advertise the differences, so I always provide a list in these cases in case someone else reads this post before deciding to switch:

Some of the missing features are as follows; Wishlists (where you can set the box to record programs on certain subjects or featuring certain people), undelete, series link+, series link manager, suggestions, setting of series links for programs not in the current TV guide, ethernet control, keyboard support via USB, switching between tuners with constant buffering, skip-back on fast-forward, quickplay, default recording options, cancelling individual recordings from a series link, multi-channel series links, radio channels allowing recording of radio, separation of recordings between boxes, watching recordings when internet is not available and probably a few others I've forgotten.

Thanks. I had no choice - extended the current contract and was told that if I did not upgrade, it would do it automatically within 5 days. Opted to “control” the upgrade.

Tavis75
Super solver

Hmm, I was under the impression that there was currently no requirement to switch to 360 when renewing a contract, though I believe it is pushed very hard, though maybe that has changed, it's bound to happen sooner or later and certainly new customers have no choice. 

I'm likely to cancel at my next renewal anyway as I don't want an O2 sim (as the signal is awful here) and I don't want a Netflix sub (as I never watch it), the TiVo software is really the only thing keeping me with Virgin.