cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 issues

Elaine101
Joining in

I was encouraged by Virgin to “upgrade” to the 360 box without full explanation of the box’s more irritating features. I now seem to have to log in to each and every app I wish to use, each and every time the tv has been switched off. This does not mean just clicking on an acceptance box, but full on logging on to a computer in order to complete the process, or painstakingly typing an email address on the tv. This annoyance now extends to watching anything on catchup, where the same login is required to whichever channel is involved . Over 2 days I have been told by 2 Virgin employees that 1) I should only have to log in every 2 years (I wish!) and 2) that a daily log in is required for my own safety, although why I am in any danger from continual access to the iPlayer he was unable to explain. Has anyone else had this problem and managed to resolve it?

6 REPLIES 6

roy247
Superstar

Hi Elaine101,

Is the 360 box set to fast start or active start, Settings, System, Standby power consumption gives you 3 options don't select the eco option. Also don't switch the 360 and the hub off at the mains plug and see how you get on, if you already do this please come back.

Have done all this. No change.

I have seen someone say they had their box replaced to fix this problem.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Elaine101,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your box, just to clarify are you being asked everytime the box is loaded to sign in to your required app?
Also with the advice psoted above, what power save settings are currently selected on your box?

Regards,

Kain

Elaine101
Joining in

I was being asked to sign into required app if going on iPlayer etc or even trying to watch anything on playback/catch-up. Box replaced 2 days ago and so far so good! Hoping it lasts.

That's great news Elaine101. 

We hope you can put your feet up and enjoy the rest of your Sunday now.

if you need anything else, We are always here to help.

Gareth_L