Menu
phildaw
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

phones land line

anyone else having problems with the VM landline being intermittent over the last 10 days. VM keeps saying no problem 100% service but actual usage = crackling, cant dial out cant hear dail in and then works for a day and then fails again. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: phones land line

If there is cracking then this is likely a bad connection on your own line, & you should call faults to get it looked at.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: phones land line

Hi there phildaw, 

I'm really sorry to hear that you've been experiencing an issue with the sound quality on you line recently and I'd love to help you out. I'd also like to welcome you to the forums.  

I've run some testing on the line, and whilst I can see no obvious issues, the fact that this has been going on for some time for you suggests that something is amiss. 

I'd like to ask if you've been able to rule out the phone from being at fault, either by trying another phone on the line, or by trying your phone in a known working line. If you've been able to do this, then I'd like to arrange for someone to call out and investigate further for you. 

I'll send you a private message in order to set the wheels in motion, please look to the top right of this page where you'll see a purple envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message.

Many thanks and apologies once again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos