Menu
maryharman
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

phone bill query

I looked online at my package. It says I am on "Talk more anytime".  I checked this and it said that 0845 numbers are free (within limits). So I rang one (to book in my car for service).

When my bill came I was charged for this call!

When I eventually got through on the phone (live chat isn't working nor has it been working for over a week) the person I spoke to spent 5 minutes trying to explain that I had been charged for an 0845 number. When we got past that, he told me that I was on a "talk unlimited" tariff, which is what I originally signed up for and on which 0845 numbers are chargeable.  He told me I could tell this because it is on my bill (true).  There is no reference to Talk Unlimited on the current website. But I could not get him to understand that it is unreasonable to expect me to know that I need to understand that when the "My Package" page says I am on Talk More Anytime, it really means "Talk Unlimited" and that these are different.  I had just assumed that the name had changed!

He could take me through changing my package implying that there would be an increased cost!  But could nor would not answer the question as to why the "My Package" screen is giving false information.

The conversation came to an end when the phone I was using ran out of battery.

Perhaps someone could explain to me how I am supposed to deal with this. It's only 90 odd pence, but it is the principle. I don't want to ring 150 again in case I get the same call centre operator.

Thanks

Mary

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: phone bill query

Hi Mary

I appreciate you taking the time to post to us about the package and call charge and thanks too for joining us on the community! It's great to have you with us Smiley Happy

Thanks for getting in touch with us about the call charge to the 0845 number and the fact your My Virgin Media online portal shows the package as Talk More Anytime.

I'd like to take a look into this for you to raise this as an investigation for you and for me to do so I'm going to send a PM to you that you can find in the next to your forum name.

If you could pop back to me on this that would be fab Smiley Very Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos