Menu
vivmacd
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

landline still not working Disabled Customer Fall button cant work

Hello I'm looking for some guidance or advice. My landline kept going off and on for around a week. The reson I've been so aware of when the landline is disconnected  is because I am disabled and have a Carefirst Emergency call system so if / when I  fall  I can press my alarm button on my wrist for help. The alarm has been very loudly reminding me every 30 seconds 'warning the phone line is not connected' then it turns back on for maybe an hour max then off again for hours. The box has been checked, I have tried bypassing the alarm and plugging the phone line straight into the socket, I have tried another phone I bought but all to no avail. I've worked out how to stop the alarm reminding me every 30 seconds by activating the away button. I contacted Virgin and around 6 days later engineer came out on Thursday 23rd of April. The lad was lovely and checked everything out. He even went out in the pouring rain for an hour to the nearest line box. 

However .... When the engineer came out the phone was working (typical) he still went ahead and checked but could find no fault. An hour or two later the phone was off again. I now have had no working land line since the 25Th of February. There is no dial tone at all ever. The phone has rung however 3 times today and on answering the call I just get an ear full of static noise. 

So I'm at a loss as to what to do. I obviously need my fall alarm to work and I am waiting for several appointments from different hospital clinics plus I'm on the cancellations list to have spinal surgery. 

If the engineer could find no fault I really don't know what to do? The line is now off with the occasional call in with nothing but static and I have nothing at all if I try to call out not even a dial tone. If I do not have a working landline then social care services will not allow me to be independantly at home with no working alarm (It also sends out the fire services if I don't answer when I've burnt the toast)

Very long message but better to explain it all in one go. Any advice other than booking out another engineer which I'm about to do now I have access to a laptop.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: landline still not working Disabled Customer Fall button cant work

Hi vivmacd,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you've had so much trouble with your landline.

I'd like to arrange for a technician to fix this for you. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange an appointment.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out