Menu
dmscon
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

landline crackling and intermittent dial tone

Our landline phone is doing weird things. 1. There has been crackling on the line for a couple of days now (no new equipment added and have checked the phones, etc. with different phones ... all OK). 2. The dial tone keeps dropping on and off during the day (and probably the night as well). I have checked the "status" on the virgin web site and it does not note any problems. However, something is definitely going on. It would be helpful, if technicians are trying to deal with an issue and or the Virgin Media phone system is being adjusted, expanded etc, if this information is posted on the web site. I have booked an engineer and been advised similar to other forum members that the first appointment available is next Wednesday (3 working days). Obviously this means there are ongoing issues in our area. Why not just confess this on the web site ... ?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: landline crackling and intermittent dial tone

Hi dmscon

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your phone line at the moment, it's certainly not the service we want for you!

I've not been able to locate your account to take a specific look at the issues you're experiencing and whether they are individual to you, or if it's an area-wide issue. 

If you'd like me to take a closer look at that, respond here with your account / telephone number and the name of the account holder and I'll take a closer look. You can view the message by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

You can also check for outages using our [Service Status Page]. If we get multiple reports of issues from the same area then that service is automatically updated.

I hope this helps

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos