Menu
batian
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

home phone not working

hi,i need help with getting the home phone sorted.for a few weeks we were getting so much static on the line we couldn't hear what was being said.now the line is dead we can't dial out and the phone doesn't ring when people try to phone us(i have tried to phone the home line with a mobile,so know doesn't ring).

the problem i have with getting support is i have a account with them for the broadband and it is my eldery father that has the phone account with them(same address).i can't register a online account for my dad as keeps coming back that the email account is already linked to another account(mine).if i go through my account i don't have the phone option available.

tried to send a email to them outlined our problem but the reply i have had back just shows they didn't read what i put.they say there is no fault on the line and to try a different phone or check all wires are connected and batteries fully charged if using wireless.i did state in my email that we had already checked all that and have been been out and bought a new phone to try and it has not solved the problem.i have even tried plugging a fixed phone directly in to the box to see if it was the extension lead we use(as box is in room with no power point to run cordless phone).it was also suggested we phone 150 from the home phone,which i also stated we tried but cannot phone out so can't do.lastly they said to go online where i can book a engineer which as i said i can't as the online account i have the phone attached to it.

my mobile is a pay as you go,so can't afford to use that to phone them as i have always been kept in long queue's of over half hour when i have phone with other problems,often then getting cut of and having to phone back.

at a loss as what to do and any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: home phone not working

Hi there batian, 

Firstly I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm really sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your phone line, and of course that you've had some difficulties getting things resolved. 

I'd love to help you out. As you've already tried another phone on the line, then I think it's best to arrange for someone to call out and investigate further for you. So I'll send you a private message in order to get things moving. 

Please look to the top right of this page where you'll see a purple envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos