Menu
omropera
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

They changed my number

We should have had vivd100 and phone connected up just under 2 weeks ago. It turns out that they missed the phone bit, but were able to sort it out 5 days later. 

However, when we noticed that we hadn't had any phone calls and that panicky, urgent messages had been left on our mobiles, we investigated and found out that Virgin had in fact changed our number without notice, completely out of the blue and without our approval.

Needless to say, we were totally confounded and got in touch straight away.

After 2 hours on the phone to virgin on Saturday and over 40 minutes on Tuesday and a further 40 minutes today, the only thing they can do is port the number over on 1 December, over 6 weeks after it was meant to happen!

Perversely, our BT number still rings and rings and rings. So I got in touch with BT and asked if they could put a call forwarding/divert on the original number to the new one that Virgin "gave" us. But because there is now a request to cease the service on our BT account (made by Virgin), BT will not add anything to the account in the way of new services.

So we are left with no choice but to go back to BT if we still want clients to be able to get in touch with us for the next month, which will seriously affect our income, and this is still subject to BT being able to schedule the reinstatement.

We are furious. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: They changed my number

Hi omropera

Welcome to the Community, I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your phone number lately.

I'd like to request that our back office team takes a closer look at this if that's possible, I'll need some information from you to be able to do that, if you're able to respond to the private message I've sent with that information, I'll get this looked at right away.

You can view that message by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos