Menu
rahilly53
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Telephone

I am a new Virgin Customer,  on the original set up I had my Telephone number (not requested) change to a recycle number.  My answering machine was full of calls from India trying to contact a Mrs Begum.  Then my problems started by using the virgin help line.  Put through to call centre they could not under stand the problem (programme robots with a set of questions). Many hours spent trying to get them to understand & many phone calls still being received for a Mrs Begum.

I request to be put through to the UK.  Spoke to person in charge they stated I should have not lost my original phone number & would request my old number back from Sky this would take 10 days approx.  Also I was give a temporary number with a block for nuisance callers.

After 16 days no old number returned gone through the process of call centre (40Minutes) requested to be put through to UK.  Got a Women "what`s your problem, your are not getting your old number back, your current number is now your telephone number. Any response I got to my questions was a case of hogwash in the word of ya, ya, ya.

Gave up & found on my next telephone bill that I was charged for my call, not happy so I wrote to Swansea last year & still not heard a thing.  Does anybody deal with a Customer do they have a customer service.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Telephone

Hi rahilly53

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your telephone service at the moment.

I've been able to locate your account using your forum information and take a closer look . I can see that unfortunately, your previous number has been deactivated, which means we're not able to port that to your line.

If you're still receiving these nuisance calls, I'd recommend giving our team a call to change your telephone number. Receiving calls like this is fairly rare with a new number so that should ensure you're not receiving calls for someone else left, right and centre.

Apologies again for the inconvenience this has caused, you can contact the team on 150 from any Virgin line or 0345 454 1111 from any other.

We'd love to hear how you get on

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos