Menu
tinaismm
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Telephone not working, problem between wall socket and cabinet?

Hello

I have been having problems with my telephone, it does not seem to be connected, no dial tone etc. 

It was working after installation and for at least a few weeks after, making inbound and outbound calls no problem, but then stopped working, not sure when as it is used infrequently.

Have checked the connections to the phone and taken the phone and cables to a relatives and it worked fine so it is not that.  Unscrewed the wall socket face plate to try the internal socket and still nothing.  Ran the fault test through my account and that is not picking up any problems, so I assume the problem is occurring somewhere between the wall socket and cabinet.

If this is the case, is it just an engineer callout?  And if so I assume we would not be liable for any charges if it isn't something we have done.

Tina

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Telephone not working, problem between wall socket and cabinet?

Hi Tina,

Welcome to the community and I'm sorry to learn you're experiencing issues with your landline.

I have run a test and I'm unable to find any faults in the area which could be causing this so I would like to arrange for a technician to take a look at this for you.

I'm just going to send you a private message which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Speak to you soon.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide