Menu
richardm1955
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Phone line us dead

My phone line is dead, both the main phone and the extension: I phoned you and got an automated voice which told me that my line was OK, but to try an alternative phone. I did that - still nothing. So I phoned again - once more battling through the menu system - and this time the automated voice told me that there IS a fault on my line and that I would be transferred to book an engineer. I then found myself talking to a call centre who initially wanted to go through the whole testing business again. When I said that I'd been transferred to book an engineer I was told that none was available for just over a week.  Engineer is now apparently booked but the amount of time I've spent on my daughter's mobile going through the menu system twice (and getting the run-around) is unacceptable when what I needed was simply to talk to a human-being. On top of that the wiring going into the phone point is just plain shoddy and I've got an aged mother with health problems that I need to be in daily contact with.  This is a real problem. I need this resolved and I trust that the lack of any phone line for over a week will be reflected in my next bill? 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone line us dead

Hi there richardm1955, 

I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm really sorry to hear that your phone line is not working at the moment, and of course for the trouble you've had trying to get this resolved. 

I've double checked and can see that a technician has indeed been booked for you, I've also looked to see if we've received notifications of any network issues since you called and there is nothing reported at the moment, so the technician would need to call. 

With regards to call charges from a mobile, if you called the 0345 454 1111 number this would be charged the same as any local land line calls, so if your daughter has free minutes it would have used these. 

We do offer credits back for loss of service, once the line is working again, give our customer service team a call on 150 or 0345 454 1111 and once we pass security we can get this applied to your account. 

Many thanks and apologies once again

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos