Menu
Icla13
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Phone Line and Customer Service Problems

We recently had virgin media broadband and phone installed in our house, only to find that the downstairs andline is not working at all. There is no dial tone whatsoever. This is due to the fact that when we switched broadband providers from John Lewis, the engineer only connected the phone in the office. This has presented a huge problem in the household as we live with my elderly mother who physically cannot go upstairs every time the phone rings.

I have called and emailed virgin multiple times to resolve this issue, to no avail. This has been going on for a week (from the date this was posted), and I am sick and tired of it. I have recieved messages telling me that an engineer will be coming to the property before 4:00pm on Monday 25th, and not a single one turned up.

Furthermore, the engineers that installed the broadband and phone line have clearly lied on their form. They did not demonstrate the phone line working! How could they when we were told that it would work in the next 24 hours!?

Image can be found here for proof

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone Line & Customer Service Problems

The number port takes 24 hours but you can make a call and test the line so he was correct ticking the box, where you do have a leg to stand on is he ticked the box saying extensions were left working

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone Line & Customer Service Problems

Hi Icla13

Welcome to the Community, I'm so sorry to learn about the problems you've experienced in getting your services installed and I'd like to take a closer look to see how I can help.

To allow me to do so, could you respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information? You can view the message by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

We'll talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos