Menu
simontickle
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Overseas connections

I frequently travel abroad, but continually find that I get no service when overseas.

I can manually select a network, but when there is a choice, how do I know which one is the Virgin recommended network?

For example in USA, I was given a choice of 5 networks. Which is the Virgin network for USA?

Thank you for any help.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Overseas connections

Hi simontickle

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I have to say I'm jealous of all your travelling!

One of the great benefits of using the phone abroad is you're not limited to a single network provider.

More often than not you can leave the phone set to 'automatic selection' as the network offering the best signal will then be selected.

Of course if you do have issues, you can manually select from the available networks listed.

In rare cases, some networks may not allow you to connect manually if there is no roaming agreement in place or if that network is experiencing a fault in that are. In this case, you may need to choose an alternative.

Just click here for more information about roaming and the costs and coverage of where you're visiting.

Have a great trip!

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos