Menu
Maggiemey
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

No ring tone

1. Hi there for the last 3 days my phone line has been dead just gentle buzzing and my phone rings but can answer I still have internet but no phone line help please
0 Kudos
Aimee_Saskia
Up to speed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No ring tone

Hi Maggiemey,

Virgin Media's broadband service doesn't rely on a phone line to work, which is why you still have full use of the internet.

It sounds like you need a chat with the Faults Team to get the issue with your telephone resolved.

You can wait up to three days for a response from the Forum Team who will be more than happy to look into this for you. Alternatively, you can ring 150 (from a VM phone) or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and speak to the Faults Team who can be reached from the main menu by selecting > option 2, followed by option 4.

Hope this helps!

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

I work for Virgin Media but any opinions expressed by myself are my own.
Want to say thank you? Click 'Kudos'.
Did I answer your question? 'Mark as Helpful Answer'.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No ring tone

Hi Maggiemey,

Welcome to the Community Forum, sorry to hear that your landline isn't working. It's great to see that Aimee_Saskia was able to give you advice about the problem you are experiencing.

I have been able to access your account via your Forum details and run testing on your line. I can see that there are no outages reported for your area and the test results aren't indicating what is causing this issue, so we will need for you to check your equipment.

If the below checks have already been done, I can schedule an engineer to call out to get this fixed for you.

Please verify the following checks have been done:

• Check the phone – Please try another phone to check if the line is the issue (required on no dial tone faults). Is the phone turned on and if it is, are the batteries correctly inserted & charged? **If you don't have an alternative phone handset to try, please try your phone on a different landline (friend/relative/neighbour's landline) and see if it works**
  • Check the socket – Check the phone is plugged into the right socket; you’d be surprised how often it’s not. Ensure it is plugged into the Virgin Media socket with the logo or if no logo exists, the correct phone socket.
  • Check the extension – Is it connected properly? Does the problem persist if the phone is plugged directly into the Virgin Media socket with the logo or if no logo exists, the correct phone socket?

I'll send you a private message requesting further details so that I can arrange an appointment for you if you are still having the fault on the line after doing the above checks. Just click the purple envelope at the top right of this page. 

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos