Menu
Nimbah
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

No dial tone - Works via test socket

Hi all, 

I would appreciate if someone could assist with an issue I'm facing. 

2 weeks ago I stopped getting a dial tone from the front socket of my master socket. I was receiving a dial tone via the test socket however. I proceeded to call Virgin support and suggested they replace the master socket it was starting to turn a dark shade of yellow and there were a number of dead bugs inside. 

Engineer turned up and replaced everything except the backbox. Line was working until about 2 hours later when the phones stated to check the phone line. Sure enough dial tone only via the test socket. 

Called Virgin again and this time they sent out a senior engineer. He left a card stating there was a dial tone on the outside termination box so any issues are inside my property. 

As far as I know everything up to and including the master box is responsibility of Virgin Media so I cannot understand why the engineer wouldn't enter my house to actually do some investigation. Am I expected to check the internal wiring myself? Make sure all the pairs are terminated correctly within the socket?? If not then I would really be grateful if one of the admins could look into this for me and try and escalate it along the appropriate paths. 

Sorry for the long post. 

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: No dial tone - Works via test socket

Hi Nimbah

I'm really sorry to learn about the problem with your phone service at the moment, I've not been able to accurately locate your account to take a closer look at this from our end for you unfortunately.

So I can take a closer look, would you be able to respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information? You can view the message by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you and taking a closer look at this.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos