Menu
slicendice
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

My call charges appear higher than advertised...?

Hi everyone

I've been a VM customer for years and have a package that includes M phone. I don't use my landline a lot but recently noticed that my monthly bill was a lot more than I'd expected. Upon closer inspection, it turns out that I'd been billed 56p for a 4 minute local phone call - plus various other local calls of a similar price (all on weekdays). I have to admit, this seemed rather steep given the amount of money I'm already paying each month! But anyway...

I checked here and it seems to imply that all users have Talk Weekend as standard (which they can upgrade should they so desire) and that the price for all national calls (Mon-Fri) was 12p per minute. Whilst that still seems high, if that's what the charge is then there's not much I can do about it. But I appear to be getting charged 14ppm for local calls...can anyone explain why this is? Are the 12ppm calls simply to tempt new customers and the price then goes up after the honeymoon?

Thanks...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: My call charges appear higher than advertised...?

Hi slicendice, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you've been getting charged more than 12p per minute on your calls. 

It's likely that there has been part of a minute used which is where the few extra pence has come from. 

The best thing to do is speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and they can go through the exact charges and times. They will also be able to take a look at the Call features to see if there is something we can add on to make your bills cheaper Smiley Happy

Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out