Menu
ChrisPurvis
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Lost Telephone Order - New Customer Web Order

Hi All - New customer here!

I recently placed an order online (10/11/16) for the VIVID 100 Broadband and Talk Weekends with a Virgin Telephone line for £34.00 a month. Being a previous Sky customer, I informed them to terminate my services on the 13/12/2016 (which they did) and I gave Virgin my previous phone number to port over.

Last Friday (09/12/16) an engineer came to my home for my Virgin Broadband and installed the new fiber cable and router - everything is great from the internet side of things. I presumed with SKY being my current telephone supplier that the phone switch over would happen around the 13th/14th as the termination was taking place then. 

This morning I tried calling my home phone number from my mobile when I received 'This telephone number doesn't exist'. Both my Sky and Virgin telephone lines have no dial tone now - so basically I have no home phone service.

I phoned customer support first thing this morning and the gentleman on the call gave me the impression that I was a Broadband customer only for £37 a month and that I had no telephone order on my account. It was then switched to a story suggesting that the engineer went to the telephone exchange but there wasn't room for me at the time but the issue was resolved quickly and that I'd have to wait until the 02/01/2017 to be connected - I was not informed about this.

Having no choice I agreed that date, to then be told it will be 17/02/2017 as the previous slot had gone but I'd be a priority. I posed the questions regarding paying for a service I wasn't receiving and my previous Sky number. I was told I wasn't paying for a telephone service and I'd be paying £32 for BB (which is the standard price) and with the line not being active at Sky I can't have my previous number. The gentlemen said that I should ring Sky and plead with them to keep it active until mid February and Virgin would cover any costs. I personally don't see why I should have to do this as a new customer, and that I'm pretty certain I've been lied to and that my telephone order was lost and has never been placed on my account. I was credited with £32 which was good gesture but I'm still going to be without a telephone service for over 2 month and I've lost my old number.

So to say I'm unhappy is an understatement and I'm unsure what bill I will be paying as 3 amounts where discussed, I was under the impression it will be £34 with Broadband and phone but it's looking likely it will be £32 for Broadband only.

Could some body please advise?

FullSizeRender.jpgonline.png

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lost Telephone Order - New Customer Web Order

Hi ChrisPurvis

I appreciate you getting in touch with us about the installation order.

I understand circumstances are hardly ideal but we would still like to offer a warm welcome to the community.

If the order has been placed for a future date then this may be able to be looked at if you could get in touch with our teams via 0345 454 1111 or via Webchat

The credit my colleagues have applied is to replace the discount you would have had for the package if the line had been connected. The amount you have quoted works out at £16 per month for 2 months.

That means your broadband monthly fee has been reduced to £21 per month for the first two months until your line is connected. At this point your service charges will revert to the monthly costs you signed up to.

I have checked the availability for you and I'm very sorry but the appointment you have is still our earliest. In fact the next available is now the 7th of March.

If you have any further questions regarding this, please get in touch with our teams where they will be happy to discuss this further with you.

Take care.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos