Menu
swfuk
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent incoming calls failing.

Interesting one this, callers from at least three UK networks, 3 mobile, BT landlines, and O2 are having issues calling my Virgin landline, my o2 mobile just gives me 3 bleeps when I call in, BT return an unavailable message, this doesn't happen every time though, I rang 3 times this morning from my o2 mobile, the third call rang ok, the others failed.

Another thing, I've VM's answering service on this line, incoming callers sometimes still get the unavailable message when the phone is off-hook, sometimes you'll get the answerphone, other times unavailable - this surely can't be a line fault?

The line works fine for outgoing calls, I tried reporting it earlier today and the guy kept telling me he'd send an engineer, surely this is a problem on one of your interconnect trunks?

As an ex BT switch engineer this sort of thing occurs if a trunk has been left looped back after testing.

Can someone make sure that your Switch/Network team are involved please as I'm not confident the fault was understood?

Thanks

SWFUK

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent incoming calls failing.

Hi there swfuk, 

I'm really sorry to hear that you've been experiencing issues with some phone calls coming through. I'll gladly raise this fault for you, however I'll need some example numbers in order to provide to the network team. 

I'll send you a private message for you to reply to, please look to the top right of this page where you'll see a purple envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies once again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos