Menu
RobCannell
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Incoming calls - phone not ringing

When receiving incoming calls the phone does NOT ring.

I have bought a BT 3930 Quad digital cordless phone to replace my  cordless handset (BT Freelance XT 3500), which stopped ringing for incoming calls, and have connected the new base unit directly to the master phone line socket as recommended by Virgin.
When I initially set it up and called my home number there was just one feeble ring and effectively,
that is it. The phone does not ring to notify of incoming calls.  If I happen to notice, via the handset
display, that someone is calling then I can quite happily answer the phone.

A normal corded phone works fine.

Both the new and old devices have a REN value of 1.0, so are well within the limits specified by Virgin. Both devices work extremely well when tested using a neighbour's landline connection, which also happens to be provided by Virgin. I have also successfully tested both devices on a standard BT line.

I have run the line test, which reports no issue with the line.

I have noticed on this forum that I am not the only customer to encounter this problem.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Incoming calls - phone not ringing

Hi RobCannell

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry to hear about the problems you're experiencing with your phone line at the moment, it's not what we want!

I've not been able to locate your account to take a closer look at this from our end unfortuntately, to allow me to do so would you be able to respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information? You can view the message by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

Additionally, do the handsets your using have a minimum recommended voltage? No problem if you're not sure about this Man Happy

I'm so sorry again for the inconvenience you've experienced with your phone line, we're looking forward to putting it right.

Talk soon

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide