Menu
dottie80
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

I have no dialling tone.

If I ring my landline from my mobile it appears as if it is ringing but does not ring out on the handset.  The answerphone doesn't cut in either.

I cannot make calles from the handset either.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: I have no dialling tone.

Hi there dottie80, 

I'd really like to start off by welcoming you to our forums, and say that I'm really sorry to hear that you're experiencing a loss of service on your phone line at the moment. I'd really like to help you out. 

I've run some testing on your phone line, and can see no reason why you should be experiencing this issue at the moment, so I'd now have to ask if you've been able to try another phone on the line, or if that's not possible, if you've been able to try your phone on a known working line - This would be to eliminate the phone from being at fault. 

If you've been able to do this then the next step would be to book a technician to call out and investigate further. I'll send you a private message in order to speed things up once you've been able to confirm that the phone's been eliminated. Please look to the top right of this page where you'll see a purple envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Apologies once again, 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos