Menu
aUsernameAtLast
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Home phone not working for many months

Hi,

I lost my mobile today so it has reminded me that my home phone isn't working, and that it hasn't been working for many months, I'd guess between 6-9 months.

2 or 3 similar incidents had been promptly repaired in the past, and I was waiting for contact to be made about a possible reduction in my bill for the inability to use my phone that never came, then forgot about it.

So, initially I need this repaired if I am to be charged for the line I can't use, but I'd also like to know if this fault's duration can be verified as being like this for many months, and then some sort of refund or credit given to me since I have been paying for a phone line that I don't want anyway, but couldn't use even if I wanted to.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Home phone not working for many months

Hi there aUsernameAtLast, 

Firstly I'd like to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm really sorry to hear that you're experiencing a loss of your home phone line, and that you seem to have misplaced your mobile phone. 

I'd love to help you out with your landline, I've run some testing on the line, and can see no reason why you should be experiencing this fault, so I'd now have to ask if you've been able to eliminate the phone from being at fault, as the next step would be to book a technician to call out and investigate further.

With regards to any credits for a loss of service, we would need to ask you to wait until the line is restored, and then speak with our customer service department who will be able to apply the correct amount of credit to the account, this will be from the date you reported the fault up to the point it is restored, as long as this exceeds 24 hours. 

I'll send you a private message in order to get things moving once you can confirm that you've eliminated the phone from being at fault. 

Many thanks and apologies once again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos