Menu
my2furries
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

First - someone else's number, now no dialling tone at all.

I am at my wits end, after waiting a week for an engineer to sort out the crackling phone line, not three days later I came home to discover my number (for 20 years) had randomly changed, I contacted VM last Tuesday, another week's wait for an engineer, though the operative offered to call me on said missing number if a cancellation freed up an earlier appointment!!! Tonight on returning home from work, engineer due tomorrow and now no dial tone at all.

i have tried to find a number for VM that does not rely on a land line, I have tried to log into smart call, but now it doesn't recognise my old number (which I don't want to forfeit!)

any my suggestions apart from finding another provider?

R

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: First - someone else's number, now no dialling tone at all.

Hi my2furries,

Thank you for your post on the Community Forum. I'm sorry to hear that you have experienced multiple faults with your landline, including a problem with your phone number--this can happen sometimes when there is a crossed line issue. It certainly sounds like this has been a nightmare for you! 

I have been able to access your account via your Forum details and can see that the appointment with a senior technician is scheduled for today. Once the technician has been out, please let me know how this visit goes for you. 

Kind regards,

Terri

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos