Menu
Goldiegirl
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Fault with phone line

My landline developed a fault ie no dial tone, although if you call my landline it still rings to the caller - just not in my home.  I reported it from my Virgin mobile but was told they couldn't get an engineer to my house for 5 days. I then asked the call centre guy if he could transfer any calls made to my landline to my mobile phone, as I had two family members in hospital and needed to be contactable on the landline number..

His answer "if you landline is working, I can arrange for this"

I said that if my landline was working I wouldn't need to transfer calls.  

Is it a prerequisite to be really stupid to work in the Virgin call centre or was I just lucky with my operator??

When this scenario happened to my daughter on her BT line, they arranged this straight away, without charge!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fault with phone line

Hi there Goldiegirl, 

Firstly I'd like to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm really sorry to hear that your phone line is not working at the moment, and that the technician can not call out for a few days. 

We can certainly arrange to have calls transferred to your mobile, however additional security would need to be passed with our back office team. I know it's closer to the appointment time, however should you still need this, please give our Fault centre another call, as they will need to arrange this for you. 

And once the line is restored, they will need to remove the divert. 

Apologies once again. 

Huw

P.S. You would need to be at home when calling in, as the additional security would involve answering questions that can only be answered at home. 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos