Menu
AndynotAndrew
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Can a get money off my bill if I can't get a phone line?

Hi Community members

I have recently joined Virgin and took out TV, Phone and Broadband, however when t'engineers installed the TV and Broadband, they advised that due the way BT routed their lines way back during the Stone Age, they cleverly piggy banked our line off next doors line.

The ramifications of this are that we would need to ask next doors permission so Virgin can dig up their grass and stick in a new line for our house.

Thing is we didn't know this when we took out the contract (neither did the big G tbf) and we are thinking we might move within the next year, so feel that we could probably do without for a while.

Does anyone know if Virgin are likely to discount our current deal if we leave it unconnected?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can a get money off my bill if I can't get a phone line?

Hi Andy,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thank you for posting. I'm sorry to hear that there's been a problem getting your landline installed.

Normally in this type of situation, we would apply a credit for loss of service from the first day of your fault (your installation date in this instance) until the problem is fixed. If you prefer to not have the landline installed, then this may change the cost of your bundle. 

If you would like to discuss the price difference or have us look at getting a credit applied onto your account, give us a call on 150 (free from a Virgin Media landline & Virgin Media mobile) or 0345 454 1111 (from any other phone), take option 4, option 2.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos