Menu
piggo64
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

upgrade

I'm a bit annoyed with Vm,

I was due an upgrade on my 3 phones, so I called them with a list of the phones I wanted.

I was promptly told that I had failed the credit check .

I understand the implications of this as I used to work in retail finance, and if I was a new customer it would understandable.

Given that I have broadband , tv, landline and mobile with vm , and have been a customer since before it,s inception, I find it strange that they refused me as they have my full payment history over several years.

My credit rating is the same now as it was when I started my previous contract 24 months ago.

Any thoughts? 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
annbrown
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: upgrade

A similar thing happened to my dad. After speaking to several people at virgin I was told that is several credit checks were made in a short period of time the system would fail them automatically. There was nothing wrong with my Dad's credit and they had to give him a free pay as you go sim for 3 months until they could set up a contract for him. 

Strange but true!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: upgrade

Hi Piggo64,

I'm really sorry to hear you failed a credit check Smiley Sad

We want to do all we can to make sure this is sorted for you. Please give us a call on 789 or 0345 6000 789 and we'll get on the case.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos