Menu
pauline464
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

stop unwanted texts from Virgin

I'm new and I know there have been some q's regarding this but I missed them. Can someone tell me how I can block these unwanted texts from Virgin?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: stop unwanted texts from Virgin

Hi pauline464

Thanks for getting in touch and for joining us here on the forums Smiley Happy

There's a couple of things you can do to help stop receiving unwanted texts from us or anyone else.  I've included information I've popped on some other posts today with the same query to assist with both options as it may help you going forwards.

For anyone receiving unsolicited calls , be it from Virgin Media or any other companies there are a couple of steps you can take to reduce the impact of these on your lives. 

•  If the calls are coming in from Virgin Media, please give our teams a call on 150 or 0345 454 1111.  We automatically opt all customers in to receive marketing calls from us so if this is not your preferred default then we can change this for you via your account.  This process takes up to 6 weeks to update fully.
  •  If you are receiving calls from 3rd parties, you can sign up for free to the Telephone Preference Service site here where within their time-scale of approximately 28 days.  Just for your information, they cannot stop calls that originate outside the UK. Once you are registered with them you are registered for the life of that number.
  •  You can also register with Silent calls Gard here.  Again this process is free .  Their systems update within 24 hrs to stop calls coming through to your phone where there is no caller on the end (from businesses only).  This would have to be re-registered every 12 months

If you need help with anything else, please just let me know.

Kind regards

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos