Menu
mikoneesan
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

mobile number awarded

Hello everyone,

So i just check my mobile a minute ago and i received a message saying this : 

" congrats, your mobile number has been awarded 1,000,000.00 USD from VIRGIN MEDIA COMPANY LTD, To claim, email your name and country to:  virgin@virginmediauk.net  "

First thing i did was to find how to contact the company since i thought this was a fake announcement and if it help VIRGIN, i can give the phone number.

Thank you for you attention,

Miko

0 Kudos
apodosis
Superfast
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: mobile number awarded

It has to be fake, obviously.

It looks like a phishing scam.

1) Consider the likelihood that VM will give away a million quid to a random mobile phone owner. Not terribly likely, is it?

2) Note the domain name: virginmediauk.net

Virgin's principal domain is virginmedia.com - similar, but by no means the same.

3) This virginmediauk.net thing is registered to someone claiming to be "Prince Kizito", who claims to be from Bangalore. He claims to be reachable at kapshosting@gmail.com - although of course he could just be lying about that.

I would expect that VM are already aware of this person, and no doubt they are taking appropriate steps to safeguard their brand image.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those who expect a perfect service have never tried to provide one.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: mobile number awarded

hiya @mikoneesan
you could report issue via -> http://netreport.virginmedia.com/netreport/ you could also report it via -> http://businessemail.rediff.com/ eg the hosting company via live chat
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos