Menu
chrissylynn
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

issues with getting new number

I have an HTC phone that i recently transferred the number off of to a straight talk phone. I called Virgin Mobile to have a new number put on the phone and they told me to reset the phone then just click on the virgin mobile icon and I could set it up though there,

Well it was going well until it assigned me a number and asked if I wanted to stick with that number or request a number in my area. I clicked on number in my area. 

I got the following message

Number Ready

A new phone number has been successfully assigned to your virgin mobile device. In order to complete the assignment, your device will need to update itself with the new number.

During the update process , you will not be able to use your phone or make emergency calls. 

One you begin , your device will restart twice on its own, and you may see several. (It cuts off here and will not scroll down to let me see the rest of it)

I try to make calls and it will not let me nor will it take incoming calls. I have tried restarting it but it still will not let me scroll down. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: issues with getting new number

HI Chrissylynn,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you're having some issues with this. I want to get this all sorted for you. It sounds like there could be an issue with the sim in the phone. So we can rectifty this for you, are you able to give us a call on 789 or 0345 6000 789?

The team on the phone can issue you with a replacement sim to get this all sorted.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos