Menu
mrb80
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

charged for premium rate texts

I have just checked my bill and have been charged for premium rate texts from 700020382, I have not actually received these messages, they have not come through to my phone but they are showing on my bill, I have not signed up for anything,  I have spoken to virgin who gave me the number of this company, mx data apparently, to get my number took off and ask for the money back, its all automated so cannot ask for reimbursement, I have read previously on here that virgin are aware of this problem and to ring them for get the charges taken off, the message was posted on here by virgin a week ago but when I ring they are saying I have to pay this and theres nothing I can do? I find this appalling as these texts are fraudulent therefore I don't see why I should have to pay, especially as I have not actually got these texts, can anyone advise, thanks

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: charged for premium rate texts

This seems a common occurrence at the moment to which Virgin don't seem to have an answer.

Put the word 'Premium' into the search bar and you will see what I mean.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: charged for premium rate texts

Hi mrb80,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. So sorry to hear you've been charged for premium texts you've not received. I know first hand how frustrating these messages can be.

The problem we have is we can't stop these messages coming through in the first place. I've had random ones coming through with 2 different networks.

I've searched for 700020382 on our master list and I'm afraid I can't find it which means I don't have any contact details for them. You'll have to try and Google it to see if you can find an email address.

You can unsubscribe from them by sometimes messaging STOP or STOP ALL. I'm afraid there isn't much more we can do about them.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos