Menu
S_N
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Why is data roaming package not working in Spain?

Hi

There seems to be a running theme to some people not being able to access data roaming in spain. I don't know if this is the same issue...

I rang vm to switch on data roaming while in the uk, and can make and receive calls in Spain fine so can I assume roaming is switched on properly? IPhone shows connected to orange and a 3G symbol... However, annoyingly I have discovered on day one of ten that I cannot use the 50Mb data package I have paid for. Grrr! Have done all the usual - switched off iPhone, taken out sim, checked data roaming switched on in settings, still no internet or mail, ('could not activate mobile data network', 'you are not subscribed' message) Is there anything else to check?

What is more frustrating is that there is no one seemingly available on any of the call center helplines and the online help isn't available. I have had to resort to posting here to see if there is an answer to this problem...

I am forever hopeful...!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why is data roaming package not working in Spain?

Hi S_N,

Welcome to the communitySmiley Happy and thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear you're having difficulties getting data roaming to work using the data pass. Appreciate this is frustrating.

I'd like to get this looked into for you and It sounds as though your handset is set up correctly from what you've described.

I understand you've had some difficulty getting hold of us. You can call our mobile team on +44345 6000 789 so we can take a look at this for you.

Let me know how it goes.

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos