Menu
statex
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

When will a smartcall app be available for Windows phones

The only reason for sticking to Virgin was smartcall but I am unable to use it on my Nokia Lumia 635 because no apps are available. Virgin is supposed to be a high flying high tech company, how come no apps for Windows phones?

0 Kudos
Krothu
Joining in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: When will a smartcall app be available for Windows phones

I agree, I would as that their TV Anywhere app is only on android and IOS as well, they have a lot of catching up to do.
0 Kudos
Piskey
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

This was asked 2 years ago and nothing has happened, Virgin performing normally !
0 Kudos
SamKnows
Super solver
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

If the only reason for sticking with Virgin is for smartcall then buy a phone it works on. Not to clever to buy one that it does not. Your contract states it is not Virgins responsibility or fault if your equipment is not compatiable with the service they provide.

0 Kudos
geoff1962
Up to speed
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

virgin sell windows phones so they should be compatible with the service they provide .
0 Kudos
technut
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

When will any apps for Windows phone be available cannot believe a so called Hi tech company like Virgin would not have developers capable of creating them, Sky don't appear to have a problems along with many other companies god even the BBC who have been obsessed with all things Apple have now started to support Windows mobile, I've asked this question many times and contacted them direct yet still nothing after 2 years.

Why does Virgin sell windows phones if they cannot support them in the same way as IOS and Android perhaps we should get a partial refund on our monthly bill to compensate.

The IT company I currently work for are linked to Virgin due to the network they sit on and all staff are having there iPhones replaced with Windows phones which amount to several thousand.

Come on Virgin get your act together 2 years and still not sorted is an extremely poor showing by any standards.

Why are We Waiting? What is the Holdup? give us a sign if not an App

Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Maybe this will answer your question?

https://redmondmag.com/articles/2014/12/02/windows-phone-market-declined.aspx

Im a fan of windows phone, I use android myself but my better half runs a windows phone for easy transfer between desktop and phone.  Perfectly good device, smashing for integration with desktop apps. But content? Not even at the party.

Absolutely NO return for any commercial operator to design windows phone apps at this point...unfortunately.

0 Kudos
CarlosTGS
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The only app that Virgin has developed is the Virgin Media Cloud app http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=66da86e2-6c68-431b-a835-fb4b97a2766c
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi technut,

Thanks for posting us this question.

There isn't currently a smart call app available for a windows phone , but we are always looking into improving our services.

Hope this helps.

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos