cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the contractual obligations to O2 post migration?

tsgt
On our wavelength

Hi,

Previous Setup: £111 per month, Oomph package with mobile, broadband, and television.

New Setup: £86 per month to Virgin for Broadband/Television, £25 to O2 for my mobile.

Suppose I decide to leave O2 because £25 a month is a lot for what I use and I only had the top deal because it was all part of the Oomph package.

Will I just be able to leave O2, with no contractual obligations? And will my Virgin bill remain at £86. Or is the £25 discount tied to me having the deal with O2? Wondering if I can switch to another SIM only deal and save a bit of money.

One last question: Seems like I now have to pay O2 £25 a month, I thought Virgin media would be forwarding this money and my direct debit would remain the same. But that isn't the case is it? So annoying now if I have to be responsible for paying yet another bill. And I don't want to set up a direct debit, so now I have to waste more of my life dealing with O2 and making sure the bill is paid. Is that right?

Sick of this whole migration thing, why couldn't they just leave well alone! Nothing but stress it is causing.

4 REPLIES 4

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, tsgt.
Thanks for reaching out on our help forums and welcome back to the community.

We're sorry to hear you're not happy with your O2 mobile deal and contract and how this has made you feel, happy to explain more on our deals and bundles and help you where possible.

From what you've explained the deal you're on is one of our Volt deals, you can find more on those here.
O2 mobile plans come as part of our Volt offers, the only requirement is to be an active customer with both VM and O2.

Unfortunately, this means that if you wish to leave either Virgin Media or O2 your Volt discount and benefits will be removed from the remaining services. 😞
This could cause changes to your price as without the Volt discount the services you keep will cost more, also O2 may apply termination fees if you're cancelling while in contract.

We'd suggest to speak to our team and get a new deal for your cable services in case you're leaving O2 for another mobile supplier, we'll do our best to find a new quote for your cable services and see how we can find one that suits you.

We do not support package changes over this forum, however you can get in touch using our methods seen here.

If you haven't cancelled your O2 SIM and plan yet, you can contact O2 at 202 from your mobile and discuss further options on reducing your costs or negotiate a deal that you're happy with.

Please, let us know if the above is of help and if you have more questions.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

fizz
Fibre optic

I changed my o2 contract and kept volt privileges. Also o2 are rubbish. I have had no data at home for 12.monyhs now due to a mast fault. O2 won't do a lot but did give me some compensation and a reduction to my monthly payments. I was not told about o2 signal issues.

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Modem Mode

Vmk
Tuning in

I HATE BEING WITH O2. I think the migration business was a bad idea and would like to lose O2 and go back to Virgin mobile. But we can't can we? We're stuck with bad connections and unusual things that go wrong with my phone. I stopped at an O2 store for help after online didn't and was told it was 'congestion'. O2 has a cold? Too many people migrating over it seems. So O2, we're told, one of the biggest providers in the UK, can't cope with additional demand? Looks like someone got the calculations wrong.

Come on VM, let us come back to the good solid efficient service we had before. Please.  

Hi Vmk, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums.

We are migrating all customers to 02 and sorry to hear that you are currently having an issue with the service. 

Can you check the coverage checker here

Chris.