cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin To O2 Move Failed?

SpacePhoenix
Fibre optic

Got a new O2 SIM and I thought that the old Virgin SIM had been deactivated as it wasn't showing the network name on the home screen. I swapped the SIMs over and the new SIM is only doing outgoing calls. Popped the old SIM into the second SIM slot and it looks like the old Virgin SIM hasn't been deactivated yet.

The letter that the new SIM came with said that the new SIM should have already been activated.

In the SIM card manager in Android it doesn't show a number for either SIM.

Has the migration process gone wrong?

11 REPLIES 11

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @SpacePhoenix 👋 Welcome back to our forum and thanks for your post 😊

Sorry to see there seem to be some issues after the migration has taken place. When the migration is taking place this will take place on the Virgin sim so you wouldn't need an O2 sim. When were you sent this new sim? Have you been able to check to see if this new sim is registered to a new number via any paper work you got with it?

Let us know if you need anything further, we're always happy to help.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

The "order received" email came through on Tuesday and it arrived today. There was no paperwork sent with the new SIM

Thanks SpacePhoenix,

We don't have access to the O2 systems if you can please reach out to them directly here they can ensure things are set up correctly.

Alex_Rm

I'm not sure if either SIM card now works (either the Virgin or O2 one). Text messaging is broke on both of them. In the SIM Card Manager which ever SIM is selected, on that screen it'll show the network name but it'll show Unknown Number. It's as if my mobile number is in limbo between the two networks

As you are moving to O2 we would advise to speak with them about them about this directly 🙂

Alex_Rm

SpacePhoenix
Fibre optic

Looks like my phone can now send and receive texts, use data and make and receive calls. I'm currently on the Ultimate Oomph package, does the mobile side no longer form any part of the Ultimate Oomph package?

Will the mobile payment come under the VM direct debit or are O2 supposed to set up a separate direct debit?

Could being on the Ultimate Oomph package possibly be the cause of some of the issues? It seems as if the system assumes that people are on the Volt package

Hey @SpacePhoenix,

Great to hear that your SIM has now started working correctly, with regards to any monthly fees/charges you pay, these would now transfer over to O2 and you would be bale to check on this via their systems. If you do have any further issues with the migration please do let us know.

Joe

SpacePhoenix
Fibre optic

I'm not 100% convinced that my number has migrated over to O2 yet, If I PM you my mobile number, can you look up to see if it shows as being on the Virgin Mobile system still? Until O2 send me what I need to login to the MyO2 I can't login in there and the My Virgin Mobile page seems to have stopped working. The old Virgin SIM seems to have been deactivated.

Apart from a text from O2 about the first bill with them, and texts where I've tried to sort out my MyO2 login I've not received any texts whatsoever about the migration from either Virgin or O2. The email a while back from Virgin said that the migration date for me was the 28th July and that I'd be sent a reminder text the day before. I didn't get any text. I'd forgotten about the migration so my phone was switched off around then (which probably explains why I got sent the new O2 SIM card)

Hi @SpacePhoenix thanks for your reply.

If you have received the communications from O2 directly about logging into My O2, this will absolutely have switched over for you.

If you wish to contact O2 directly, they will be able to assist you with any further concerns you have.

Many thanks

Tom_W