Menu
bev0201
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

VM payg sim not working in spain,

my son is in Spain , he has taken a VM PAYG sim in his phone but it wont send or receive texts, make or receive calls or connect to 3G ...... there is credit on the sim PLUS a europeon data pass ..... the phone has been used in spain before with no problem, i phoned virgin who said its all set up their end, and he needs to call them to go through phone settings (HE CANT PHONE OUT) 

anyone got any suggestions? I only got the PAYG sim so he didn`t run up a massive bill on his contract sim! now i feel terrible as he is at a festival with 7 friends and needed to be able to text them to arrange meetings etc when they get seperated .

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM payg sim not working in spain,

Hi bev021,

Welcome to the communitySmiley Happy

Sorry to hear your son is having difficulties roaming in Spain.

Pay as you go phones have roaming active as standard and if our mobile team has confirmed it is active then it should work. Sometimes our partner carrier networks abroad have issues like any other provider so this maybe a factor.

If your son can give us a call on +447953967967 from a working phone abroad our mobile team can take a look over the handset and make sure everything's set correctly for him. 

In the mean time here's a few tips he could try if not already done so.

• Turn your phone off and then back on again.
  • Go into your phone settings and select a network manually.
  • Try removing your phone’s battery, while it’s still switched on – this helps reboot it and find a local network

Let us know how it goes.

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos