Menu
ajd1
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Travel to France

I am travelling to France and my partner is staying in the UK.  We both have Pay Monthly tariffs.  Please can you advise what the cost will be for texting and calling both ways

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Travel to France

Calling a UK mobile is France is the same costs to the call as calling a UK mobile in the UK.

The costs for you in France are here

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Travel to France

Hi ajd1,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I can see BenMcr has been helping you out already which is great.

I thought I would just give you some advice on making sure roaming is active and what to do when you get there.

To check roaming is active please log into Your Account

Click on plan and device

Click the tab manage services.

Make sure roaming is set to on here. If it isn't move the slider to on and click update. This will present you with a green success message. It may take up to 24hrs for this to go live on your account.

You can also check the call barring option to stop calls abroad isn't set to on.

When you arrive in your destination you may need to do the following with your handset:

Turn your phone off and then back on again

Go into your phone settings and select a network manually.

Try removing your phone’s battery, while it’s still switched on – this helps reboot it and find a local network

If you experience any difficulties and would like to speak to us directly please call our mobile team on +44345 6000 789 .

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos