Menu
Nodrog35
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Too many Errors by VM shop staff

Have today been into store for new SIM that will fit a new phone.  Arranged a change of tarrif with store staff. On arriving home and checking my online account I see a notification stating that my new tarrif begins tomorrow (my refresh date).  The tarrif that has been applied is not what I asked for in store.  I didn't check the paperwork in store as I had because I had no specs with me.  I have called 789 to be told they can't help me at the moment due to computer updates taking place.  My account page will not let me change it....because I have changed it recently! I wouldn't mind, but my first VM mobile was set up with the wrong tarrif (more expensive one) then my wife had a VM phone, and again that was set up incorrectly (more expensive one) and hers took over six months to correct and far too long on phone to foreign call centres.

I look forward to the return call from 789 when the system is up and running again.  My guess is that it won't happen and tomorrow the extra amount will be deducted from my account.

Why do I feel I am being taken for a ride?  Just glad my new phone isn't tied to VM.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Too many Errors by VM shop staff

Hi Nodrog35,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you have experienced a problem with the wrong tariff being updated on your account and that our systems were offline when you last called in. If the system was down when you called in, a callback may not have been arranged, as your account couldn't have been accessed and noted.

Has this been sorted out for you? I can check your account for updates, but in order to correct the tariff, you will need to speak direct to our Customer Services team on 789 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile), 150 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile or Virgin Media landline) or 0345 6000 789 (from any other phone). 

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos