Menu
RLouN
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Text Sent Different To Received?

Hello there,

I'm in a rather panicked state at the moment because twice now my girlfriend's phone has received messages from me which have snippets from previous texts that I sent her replacing parts of the original message. I don't know why this is happening and I'm honestly terrified in case I send a text to someone which ends up containing things not meant to be seen (no one knows about our relationship yet!)

We have compared messages through sending each other screenshots of them and we're not sure why this is happening. I have Virgin mobile and a Sony Xperia M2, whereas she has a Sony Xperia E and is on Orange. The only explanation I can think of is the server messing up somehow and jumbling things, as the messages this has occured in have all been at least 2SMS long (over 160 characters.) I don't know whether it's her phone or not though as she has received duplicated messages from me up to 8 times in a row before.

Does anyone have any idea of what could be going on, or has anyone encountered a similar issue?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Text Sent Different To Received?

It's more likely to be the handsets than the servers. If it were the servers, everyone would be experiencing the problem.

Have you asked on a Sony-specific forum? I just went for a quick look and people solved the problem by doing stuff to the handset such as clearing the cache on Google Hangouts or disabling the antivirus "scan texts" feature.

0 Kudos