Menu
locutus
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere & Custom ROMS

Thank god for Custom ROMS. Without them my HTC One X would be stuck on Android Jellybean which as far as HTC updated it to. But my little old One X is quite happily using the very latest version of Android - Lollipop 5.1.1, has had is internal SD Card reconfigured to the very latest configuration & I don't foresee any problems upgrading it further as Google release different version of the Android OS. The only thing I wish is that Mobile providers such as Virginmobile would build/allow there own Apps taking into account that people do upgrade beyond the official support of Phone Manufacturers. I refer to Apps such as Virgin TV Anywhere which I can install on my phone but when I try to launch it I get the message TV Anywhere Has Detected A Modified version of Android & promptly closes. Please pretty please Virgin allow those of us with Rooted Phones running Custom versions of Android use of the App.  

Locutus
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere & Custom ROMS

Hi locutus, 

Thanks for your post and apologies that TV Anywhere is not usable on your device. 

I'll be completely honest with you on this. Making TV Anywhere available to rooted phones is not something we will do. Not only is it against means of support it also voids any warranty on your device. 

It's not supported by us and the broadcasters will also not allow it. 

You are able to use TV Anywhere on a supported device and also online via a PC / Laptop Smiley Happy

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos