Menu
PaulF91
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Still being charged old tariff after upgrade

Around 6 weeks ago, I upgraded from my Samsung S3 to a Samsung S6. I received a new micro sim with a new number(ending 610) with the new phone, so called up and asked for a replacement micro sim so that I could have my old number(ending 449) on my new phone.

I had the essential tariff (unlimited mins and texts, 1GB data for £34.79 a month) on my old S3...but often I exceeded the data allowance so I chose to upgrade to 3GB data, which is a £15 a month tariff, on top for a £26 monthly fee.

Despite the fact I have already upgraded and my old phone is not being used and without a sim in it, my account for my old phone on the website says that I am still due an upgrade and that I am still using and being charged my old monthly tariff of £34.79. Basically the 449 number seems to be attached to the old tariff and the 610 number that I am not using is attached to my new £15 tariff + £26 monthly installments.

Maybe I am being stupid but I want to be able to use my new phone, with my new tariff, with my old number. And forget about the old tariff.

Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Still being charged old tariff after upgrade

Hi Paulf91,

Welcome to the communitySmiley Happy

Sorry to hear your experiencing issues with being charged for an old tariff.

My apologies I am unable to deal with this query via the forum. Due to the nature of your query I would recommend giving our mobile team a call.

You can call from your Virgin Mobile on 789 or alternatively 0345 6000 789 and one of our team should be able to take a look into this for you.

Let us how you get on.

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos