Menu
helenk1
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Still being charged for non-premium texts

Previously, Virgin Mobile refunded us because we were being charged for text messages to a non-premium number (UK mobile number). They said this was because we had an international dialling code before the UK number (+44). 

Since then we have removed the +44 from the contact and yet our online bill shows we are still being charged 15p for every call to this number. We don't understand why! Any ideas anyone? 

As mentioned previously, this is text messages to an ordinary UK mobile number and the contact in the mobile phone (iPhone) does NOT have the international prefix before it (+44).

Getting very worried and upset about this now, so any help is greatly received Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Still being charged for non-premium texts

Hi helenk1,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm so sorry to hear you're still being charged for text messages to a UK mobile. I'm disappointed this has happened to you again.

Looking at our charges page here under the section 'Other calls costs', does your contact start with one of those 'Personal numbers'? If so, then that explains what is happening.

If not then I'd definitely recommend calling Technical Support on 789 from a Virgin Mobile or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone. They'll be able to look into this further for you.

I'd be very keen to hear the outcome of this so please keep me updated.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos