Menu
qrunch
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Spain roaming

I was in Spain  earlier this week, took my sim only VM with me to see first hand if the roaming issues people on here mention affected me.

I was able to send/receive sms and receive calls only.

When I tried to dial out I got a recorded message saying to dial 470.

Roaming is active on the account apparently.

Luckily VM isn't my main network - Vodafone worked perfectly and they don't try to avoid data roam caps with rip off bundles or nothing approach either.

So, what's the deal with roaming - many on here have problems and the fixes seem mainly to be turn phone off and on - which seem not work for quite a few people.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Spain roaming

Hi qrunch,

Sorry to hear you had issues when roaming on your mobile in Spain.

Its sounds as though roaming is active as you were able to send and receive text messages which would mean you could connect to the local network.

Sometimes our partner networks we've teamed up with in Spain may experience issues with their own network. I've not heard of being directed to call 470 before when experiencing roaming issues.

I would probably recommend calling our Mobile team on 789 or alternatively 0345 6000 789 so we can check over the account and handset for you.

Let us know how it goes.

many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos