Menu
PE
Joining in
Message 1 of 3 (123 Views)

Roaming mobile data not working

Hi,
This seems to be affecting many virgin mobile users while roaming in the EU, I am in Spain connected to a 3G network can make calls and texts no problem, but no data roaming is available, others in my group on the same Spanish network with Vodafone and O2 have data with no issues, I have roaming switched on and international call barring off and use my phone regularly in the EU but there seems definitely to be an issue with data access for Virgin mobile users,
Can somebody please look into this
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3 (82 Views)

Re: Roaming mobile data not working

Hi PE,

Thanks for your post on the Community Forum and welcome. I'm sorry that you're having a problem with your data roaming service. Is this working for you now?

Please have a look at the following online Help & Support Page: Roaming Hub if you have access to WiFi.

If you are still having an issue with this, please send a private message to me so that I can look into this further for you. 

Please PM me with the following details:

• Full name on account
  • Mobile number

To PM me, simply:

• Click on my forum name on the left of this post.
  • Go to my profile.
  • On the right had side, select the 'send me a message' option.

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
PE
Joining in
Message 3 of 3 (72 Views)

Re: Roaming mobile data not working

Thanks for the response Terri, Yes I did finally get data roaming to work in Europe, unfortunately I have to say after two lengthy calls to Customer Service they were no help whatsoever, they could only advise that I switch my phone off and on again...

After doing my own research (luckily I had access to  WI-FI abroad) I found it was the APN settings -- my phone was using the old T Mobile/EE settings which is fine to access data at home in the UK but this setting will not work abroad. I googled the new Virgin Mobile APN settings and entered these into my phone and the mobile data then worked fine.

Maybe you could post something on the forum for people to check they have the correct Virgin APN settings needed for data roaming?

Thanks PE

0 Kudos