Menu
TUC1
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Problem getting confirmation of lost phone

I reported my mobile lost to Virgin on Sunday and have claimed for it on my insurance (not via Virgin insurance). My insurance company have asked me to get email confirmation from Virgin that I had reported the loss and got the phone blocked. They also advised that issuing the email was a standard process that mobile companies regularly do.

However, on contacting Virgin, they advised that it is something that I would have have to ask their 'back office team' to do and that they were not contactable by email so I would have to write to them at their base in Cardiff.

This seems an incredibly cumbersome process for simply getting confirmation that I reported the loss, especially since mobile companies must get many such requests each week if it is a standard requirement as my insurance company stated. It also adds to the delay until my claim is settled and I get a new phone.

Is this correct. Is it really not possible to request such confirmation by email?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problem getting confirmation of lost phone

Hi TUC1,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm afraid that with this process, we're unable to email the info you need. We would need to go down the path you've already spoken to us about.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos