Menu
Uther
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Online and call centres- neither work!

I originally posted with the title  

Why make upgrading phones so difficult?

back on the 17th May 2017- since then after some pain my son's phone was sorted out and I remain with a 3G card and a  4G contract which I didn't ask for but was part of  the succession of  mistakes made by the staff in the call centre. Like a masochist I tried upgrading my daughter's phone online in  the last few days, kept getting errors which the live chat operatives could not sort out and so was forced to call the call centre again, dreading the conversation. After 15 minutes of  mutual incomprehension (I gather the call centre is now in the Philippines) , it was decided that there was a fault on the account, a form would be raised for it and I had to call back on Monday. Joy. Virgin Mobile might be saving money by using shoddy software and cheap call centres but it does not do your reputation any good and just puts off your customers. As is, I decided to go for a SIM only deal and even that wasn't possible. Can someone from VM comment please?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Online and call centres- neither work!

HI Uther,

Thanks for taking the time to post.

I'm very sorry you had difficulty upgrading your contract again. Unfortunately it appears you were hit by an account error that required intervention from the IT team to resolve. I'm hoping that'll be the last of the errors for you.

Were always here to help on the Community Forum. Our response times aren't were we'd like them to be but we endeavour to reach you as soon as possible. If you have any further account issues then please post again and I'll happily assist you further.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Uther
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Rich,

I appreciate your response and the fact you are all obviously overstretched. I note alas that I am warned against accessing my Virgin Mobile account by Chrome due to the following:

"This server could not prove that it is www.virginmobile.com; its security certificate expired 3 days ago. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection. Your computer's clock is currently set to Saturday, August 26, 2017. Does that look right? If not, you should correct your system's clock and then refresh this page.

Proceed to www.virginmobile.com (unsafe)". I did proceed and it's slow but seems fine. The expiry of  the certificate is a worry though. 

Your IT systems generally seem to have a problem and  getting a new contract for my daughter and then my 4G SIM required two phone calls because the first person I spoke to was cut off just as she was asking if  there was anything more she could help me with. Your call centre staff aren't able to see the offers available to customers to start with. 

Which brings me to upgrading my TV, broadband and phone- is there any technical reason why existing customers (and I know I am not alone on this) get this message when you click on the Upgrades and Offers link:

Changing your package online

We're sorry, but we're unable to change your package online. We'll be happy to do it for you over the phone, and it'll only take a few minutes. Please call us on 0345 454 1111 to speak to someone who can help.

Seems a bit odd as it means existing customers can only look at deals available to new customers. Is this just to make people phone up your call centres or  can it be fixed? 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Uther

Thanks for your response.

Sorry to hear about the issues you had loading that page - is this still happening now?

Could you confirm if you're still having issues upgrading the phone?

If you need some assistance with your cable account, just pop a post in this section of the boards and we'll be happy to offer some assistance with this.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Uther
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Mark,

The message is still coming up as follows:

This server could not prove that it is www.virginmobile.com; its security certificate expired 12 days ago. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection. Your computer's clock is currently set to Monday, September 4, 2017. Does that look right? If not, you should correct your system's clock and then refresh this page.

Virgin Mobile need to renew the certificate as soon as possible....

Noted re cable, I will make time to post in the cable forum at the weekend. I would like some assistance to get that account sorted.

Thanks

Thanks

Patrick

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Uther

Thanks for getting back in touch so quickly.

I can confirm that this certificate is in the process of being updated, so there's no need for concern despite the error message you're seeing and it shouldn't affect your ability to login, but thanks for flagging it up to us.

Do let me know if there's anything else I can help out with though.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos