cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 migration

garjay
On our wavelength

I've got 2 mobiles with VM and have been a customer for many years. I know of the impending switch to O2 and here's where the problems start. The dates for switching is 16th September when I will be out of the UK. I will not be back until late November so saying that they will be sending new O2 sims 5 days after the proposed switch means I will have no phone signal for over 2 months. I appreciate how difficult this is with so many subscribers to change over.....how long will the SIM be able to be used after the delivery date to our address.

5 REPLIES 5

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello garjay.

Thanks for your post regarding the migration.

If you are abroad and your switch is planned to happen before 18th September, then we will try you again next month.

If you are abroad and your switch is planned to happen after 18th September, then we’ll send you a replacement sim to your registered address that you will need to pop in after you lose service on your current Virgin Mobile sim.

Do you have anyone that can activate these on your behalf and send them out to you?

Gareth_L

garjay
On our wavelength

Thanks for the reply but what if I can't get anyone to go to my home to get the Sims? How long do they remain active for?

Hello garjay.

If the first migration date is when you are abroad. We will postpone this for 30 days.

We then send out the replacement sims to your property which is when you will have 5 days to activate them as the switch will happen and you will lose the network.

Gareth_L

garjay
On our wavelength

I'm out of the UK until late November, so I want to know how long will the sims are going to work if they are delivered a month before I get home.

Hello Garjay, 

It will work out as 1 month plus 5 days.

The month is for the migration not going ahead as you are out of the UK. It is then rescheduled for 30 days. The next migration will go ahead as normal and you then have 5 days to activate the new Sim cards that are sent. 

Gareth_L